ScramFS beta is now available – Transparent encryption for data at rest
We’re proud to announce that after 3 years of R&D, ScramFS is now ready for beta testing!
ScramFS is our cryptographic file system that provides transparent encryption for data at rest.
Please visit the ScramFS website to read all about it!
What is ScramFS?
ScramFS is an encryption layer that encrypts files as they get written to storage.
In industry jargon, it is known as a stackable cryptographic file system that sits between an application and an underlying storage file system.
ScramFS works for local and cloud storage. Our goal is to make secure encryption easy, while protecting you from data breach and data leak.
For example, you may store sensitive data on Google Drive. Before encryption, your files are visible to anyone who compromises your storage account, and to Google itself:
Instead, if you use ScramFS to encrypt your data before uploading it to Google Drive, your files will be unintelligible.
The business benefits of using ScramFS
- Mitigate or entirely prevent many types of data breach
- Satisfy industry specific requirements for data privacy and encryption
- Mitigate against sabotage
- Take solid steps forwards towards achieving GDPR, HIPAA, PIPEDA, PDPA and other compliance
Encryption CLI for system administrators
System administrators can use the ScramFS Command Line Interface (CLI) to securely encrypt data without knowing anything about encryption.
- Bolster their cyber security defences and prevent data leaks by encrypting sensitive data like database backups, data logs.
- Fully integrate encryption into scripts and cron jobs.
- Achieve world-class cryptographic security by using a super simple command line tools.
- Get started in a matter of minutes
Encryption API for software developers
Software developers can use ScramFS and enjoy multiple benefits.
- Develop secure applications with encrypted storage without coding a single line of crypto
- Develop applications that are compliant with encryption requirements as specified in privacy legislation such as HIPAA and GDPR
- Avoid the need to hire a cryptographer or suitably qualified crypto engineer
- Save time and costs while making more profit
Peer reviewed by experts around the world
We believe ScramFS to be the first and most advanced encrypting file system of its kind that has been peer reviewed by multiple world experts in cryptography information security, and comes complete with a security analysis.
Leave a Comment